They trace their origins to a gang in Los Angeles in 1980s. They have chapters in major cities, and in 2054 were one of the largest (second largest) gangs in Seattle, after the Ancients and before the Tigers (a gang affiliated with the Eighty Eights triad). A biological warfare agent incident, , decimated the Seattle branch of the Cutters in 2054. Since then they have been slowly rebuilding their strength.
The Cutters accept members of all metatypes except elves, due to their ongoing enmity with the Ancients.
Their main area of operations is Downtown.
Compared to other gangs, Cutters organizational structure is relatively sophisticated and business like. They tend to care more about profit than pure reputation, and most of their actions will be carried out only after a cost-vs-profit analysis.
Leadership in 2054:
- Blake: leader of the Cutters in Seattle, sophisticated black human (alive in 2058)
- Ranger: Cutters' war boss (dies in 2054)
- Vladimir: Cutters' lieutenant, bloodthirsty, vicious (alive in 2058, deceased in 2070)
- Ivan “the Terrible” Janovich replaces Vladimir and increased the ties with the Vory, despite the fact that the latter are most likely behind Vladimir's death.
- Springblossom: Cutters' lieutenant, Deer shaman (alive in 2058)
- Musen: Cutters' accountant
- Fahd: Cutters' business developer
Colors: gold and yellow
In the 2070s, one of the largest chapters is the one in New York City. It controls much of the areas of Manhattan that were abandoned by the Manhattan Development Council like the pit since they ousted the other major gangs, like the Axemen, in that area. 
The gang is primarily involved in smuggling, protection rackets, and “freelance security work,” which usually means acting as hired muscle.