|Fort Lewis (as of 2072)|
Fort Lewis or Fort Lewis Military Reservation houses the Seattle Metroplex Guard, McChord Airfield and UCAS Army Pacific Command. It's a major UCAS training base, and houses many military and military related personel, projects and affiliates.
In some ways Fort Lewis functions as extraterritorial property, but under the control of the UCAS military instead of a megacorporation.
This district is also known for large number of wilderness areas.
Fort Lewis is sparsely populated.
This district is governed by a military appointed official. Since 2045 the District Mayor was Col. Winston Gajeway. By 2060 he was replaced by Col. Colloton.
Fort Lewis economy is centered around catering to its military garrison.
Nature preserves is the primary cultural attraction of the area.
Lone Star Security RatingsEdit
This district is patrolled by Lone Star, the Metroplex Guard and the UCAS Military Police (jurisdictions are in dispute). The Metroplex Guard and the UCAS Military Police consider each area to be at a security rating one rating higher than Lone Star’s rating.
- AA: Spanaway Lake Housing (Officer Housing)
- A: Bridgeport, Grey and Madigan Housing (military housing), Parkland (non-military housing)
Contrary to popular expectations, Fort Lewis is not a heavily guarded, impenetrable installation. With many of its facilities, such as the Zoological Gardens, open to the public, it cannot afford to be inaccessible. Perimeter security for the reservation consists of a single chain-link fence, topped with a roll of barbed concertina wire and occasionally patrolled by the military police. Security is considerably tighter along the border with the Salish-Shidhe Council, however, where the military uses reinforced barriers and armed Metroplex Guardsmen in scout vehicles and military helicopters.
Within Fort Lewis, security levels vary for different sites, depending on public access and each site’s importance or sensitivity to national security. For most of Fort Lewis, security is roughly analogous to downtown Seattle.
Places of InterestEdit
- Angela’s - Italian
- Big “O” - Seedy strip bar, shadowrunner presence is common
- Golden Soy - Chinese
- Shy Giant - Sioux
- Drunken Non-Com - Nightclub, popular with military types but does not admit trolls, possible Yakuza connections
- Lost Unicorn - Bar, said to be haunted by the ghost of a unicorn run over in the street outside
- The Terrible Taps - Medium restaurant and bar, corporate security people come here to get tanked after work
- Fort Lewis Zoological Gardens
- McChord Airfield Visitors Center
- Pacific University - University, best known for music and magic theory programs
- Parkland Mall - Shopping mall, frequent discounts for soldiers
- Fort Lewis District Hall and Metroplex Headquarters - Government offices
- Fort Lewis Stockades - UCAS military prison
- Urban Combat Simulator - UCAS military training complex
- Miller-Forest Computers - Illegal deck shop
- Fort Lewis Sauna and Holistic Rest Center - Spa and illegal body shop
- Madigan Army Hospital - Jeden z najlepszych szpitali wojskowych w UCAS, o którym mówi się, że zbudowano go na cmentarzu i że jest nawiedzany przez duchy.
- McChord Hospital - Szpital, główne centrum poparzeniowe i emergency military aid services
Organized crime is influential in the businesses catering to soldiers vices (prostitution, gambling, drinking).
Occasional gang-military warfare provides training and exercise to all involved parties.
- Vital statistics were unchanged from 2050 to 2072 or were not reported more than once. Infoboxes for specific decades can be found in on the first page of relevant sourcebooks (see sources).
- 2072 book did not provide an update on any topics but places of interest
- numerous shadowtalk comments have been offered on this topic throughout available sources:
- 2050 (Seattle Sourcebook):
- 2060 (New Seattle):
- 2072 (Seattle 2072):