|Renton (as of 2072)|
Renton is one of the most "average" districts in Seattle - which isn't saying much. It's primarily a middle-low class residential neighborhood.
Renton’s problems are less serious than those of the Redmond Barrens, but the district has definitely seen better days. Renton has more gangs than any other area in Seattle except Redmond and is also a hotbed of Humanis Policlub activity, making anti-metahuman sentiment all too common.
About 35% of Renton's population is metahuman.
Humanis Policlub Seattle headquarters are located here.
2052-2072: Samuel “Smilin’ Sam” Usinski is one of the senior mayors of the metroplex, having served as Mayor of Renton for twenty years now, replacing old Carl Vanderslam. Usinski’s terms in office have focused heavily on “safeguarding” Renton from a variety of dangers, ranging from gangs and chips to corporate conflicts and the second computer Crash. Every election, Renton’s attitude seems to be “better the devil you know.” Usinski is also a major Brackhaven supporter, so the governor is sure to throw a little extra Renton’s way to shore up the mayor’s polling numbers and keep him right where he is.
2076: Renton is seeing a number of conflicts as the demographics change. Transplants from the east and south, many of them metahumans, mean that the racism remains but is becoming more subtle. With an ork and dwarf now on the council, policing principles may change.
Renton's features many of Seattle's commercial shops aiming at middle and low class customers.
It is also notable for a number of security industry and software industry facilities.
Lone Star Security Ratings Edit
- AAA: Lake Young
- AA: Four Lakes, Maple Valley, Renton, Spring Lake
- A: Issaquath (some areas), Thomas (some areas)
- B: Issaquath (some areas), Meredith (some areas), Thomas (some areas)
- C: Christopher, Meredith (some areas)
- Cougar Mountain Resort Hotel - Luxury hotel, mountain ski resort, popular corporate retreat
- Lake Youngs Hilton - Luxury hotel
- Merideth Comfy Cubicle - Cheap hotel
- Renton Inn - Family-style hotel, HQ of the Renton Inn Corporation
- Mon Hing Restaurant and Bar - Small restaurant and bar, hangout for local cops from West Kent
- Wanda’s Witchery - Small restaurant, popular with local deckers and mystics
- Italiano, The
- Murdered Mime, The
- Renton Hole In the Wall - Bar, hangout for down-and-out shadowrunners
- Terror Pit, The - Bar, popular with area mystics
- Auburn Center - Shopping mall
- Maple Valley Mall - Shopping mall
- Renton Center Mall - Shopping mall, very upscale
- Renton District Courthouse - Courthouse complex
- Renton District Hall - Government offices
- Shadow Lake Correctional Facility - Prison; a number of repeat Matrix offenders do time here
- Blood Manies Software - indie software developer
- Denton’s Lore Store - Lore shop with a reputation for strange talismans and magic
- Federated Boeing Renton Facilities
- Knight Errant Seattle Training Academy
- Night Crawlers Corporation - Supplier of illegal software and hardware
- Petrovitsky Personal Security - Mitsuhama subsidiary, apartment security solutions
- Power Persona - indie software developer
- Talbot Security Vehicles - Vehicle shop
- Auburn General Hospital - Hospital, some research on ways for mystics to accept cyberware implants (funded by the Mafia)
- City Health - Hospital
- Greasy Ben’s - Medium restaurant and illegal body shop
- Maple Valley General - Hospital
Mafia and Yakuza are highly active here.
- Vital statistics were unchanged from 2050 to 2072 or were not reported more than once. Infoboxes for specific decades can be found in on the first page of relevant sourcebooks (see sources).
- 2072 book did not provide an update on any topics but places of interest
- numerous shadowtalk comments have been offered on this topic throughout available sources:
- 2050 (Seattle Sourcebook):
- 2060 (New Seattle):
- 2072 (Seattle 2072):