Dragonfall is a DLC expansion for Shadowrun Returns, free to Kickstarter backers, released February 27, 2014.
Dragonfall takes place primarily in Berlin, Allied German States. The player character is a new member of a shadowrunner team led by Monika Schäfer. A break-in job brings the team's attention to the fate of Feuerschwinge and rumors that the great dragon may not be as dead as the world was led to believe.
The new team consists of:
- Monika Schäfer: Human decker, leader of her team as well as the Kreusbazar.
- Dietrich: Former human frontman of MESSERKAMPF! turned Dragonslayer shaman.
- Glory: Heavily-augmented human street samurai and combat medic.
- Eiger: Troll weapons specialist, former KSK.
- Blitz: Human decker/rigger rescued from gang conscription.
The expansion adds new features, including:
- A more flexible main story arc - choose which runs to complete first, and which factions to complete objectives for.
- More depth to the NPC runner characters.
- New weapons, outfits, portraits, music, and enemies, including more magical creatures.
- Improved physical adept gameplay along with additions for some of the other existing archetypes.
- A European city with a very different look, vibe, and cast of characters.
- A story that highlights the compelling themes of the Germany sourcebook.
The expansion was originally slated for an October 2013 release, but was pushed back to January 2014 because of the increased level of content and delayed again to its release date of February 27.