|Shadowrun: Hong Kong|
|Platform(s)||Windows, Mac, Linux|
|Release date(s)||August 20th, 2015|
|Genre(s)||Tactical role-playing game|
Shadowrun: Hong Kong contains fantastic elements for a new Shadowrun setting: an underworld of triads, tongs, and gangs to navigate, wild magic to harness, and bleeding edge cybertech to equip. Plus, Hong Kong’s culture is steeped in "guanxi" - a network of influence and relationships based upon a combination of social status and prestige. All of these elements add up to a great new setting for running the shadows.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong contains all the features of Shadowrun Returns and builds upon the engine and gameplay upgrades added to Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (including the ability to save your game anywhere).
The year is 2056 and Hong Kong is a stable and prosperous port of call in a sea of chaos, warfare, and political turmoil. The Hong Kong Free Enterprise Zone is a land of contradictions - it is one of the most successful centers of business in the Sixth World, and it is home to one of the world's most dangerous sprawl sites. A land of bright lights, gleaming towers, and restless spirits where life is cheap and everything is for sale.
The lure of a quick payday draws you from Seattle into the neon glow of Victoria Harbor... and into a corporate conspiracy nearly thirty years in the making. Dragged into the shadows of Kowloon, you will need to forge new connections and build a solid reputation to survive. And you'll need to do it quickly, because a terrifying threat looms on the horizon - an unstoppable supernatural force that corrupts or devours everything it touches.
- A Classic, Story-Driven cRPG: The Shadowrun series hearkens back to the golden age of computer RPGs with a novel-like branching narrative full of sharp prose and deep character development. Includes 12+ hours of non-linear story with a diverse cast of all-too-(meta)human characters.
- A One-of-a-Kind Cyberpunk Setting: Experience the unique “Tech meets Magic” dystopian future of Shadowrun, a fan-favorite game setting that recently celebrated its 25th anniversary.
- Command Your Team: Lead a small team of shadowrunners - each with their own outlook, motivations, and backstory. The members of your team are designed to play contrasting roles during missions. Guide your team members as they progress in each of their unique roles, choosing between different focus options to grant them new items and abilities.
- Gripping, Turn-Based Tactical Combat: When you’re running the shadows, every turn matters. Choose your actions wisely - move to better cover, charge into melee, or lob a fireball into a crowd of enemies. With over 200 weapons and spells at your disposal, every turn is filled with meaningful choices.
- Skill-Based Character Progression: Choose a starting character archetype and build from there! Street Samurai and Physical Adepts use advanced combat skills to dominate the battlefield, Shamans and Mages summon powerful allies and cast deadly spells, while Riggers and Deckers provide critical technological support, projecting their consciousness directly into drones and computer systems. Shadowrun’s classless skill system allows you to grow your character in any direction you choose.
- Powerful Game Editor: Create Your Own Stories! With the Shadowrun Editor, everyone is empowered to create and share their own stories and campaigns. No advanced coding or art skills are required to create content using the SRR Editor.
As introduced in Dragonfall, you'll be able to guide your crew's advancement by choosing special abilities on their Growth Tracks to complement the choices you make for your own character.
Gobbet is an ork street shaman and a follower of Rat. Her devotion to her totem has granted her unique abilities to control the battlefield, trapping her enemies behind barriers of coruscating magic and herding them with clouds of blistering poison.
- Territoriality Track: Focuses on battlefield control by buffing Gobbet’s barrier spells (increasing damage, increasing the number of tiles affected) and planting AOE damage spells, such as Toxic Fog. She also gains the ability to destroy or consume summoned spirits, eliminating threats from enemy shamans.
- Spiritualist Track: This track focuses on improving Gobbet’s control over summoned spirits. She can reduce the chance that they slip out of her control, and even seize control of hostile spirits summoned by her enemies. Progressing down this track turns Gobbet into a versatile and powerful summoner.
Duncan Wu Edit
Wu is a veteran security expert with years of sprawl-site combat experience. He has the muscle and the weaponry to either beat his targets into submission or to break them outright, depending on the demands of the situation.
- Crowd Control Track: Focuses on a variety of non-lethal attacks that inflict stun (-AP) effects. Progressing down this track unlocks a shock baton, tear gas grenades, and zip ties to subdue stunned enemies.
- Lethal Force Track: Focuses on inflicting lethal ranged damage. Progressing down this track gives Wu attack abilities such as Mercy Kill, which does additional damage and has a higher to-hit percentage on targets who are close to death.
Is0bel is a dwarf decker with the tools and the expertise to clear her own way to a target mainframe. Trained for combat by a cabal of hacktivists, she’s as deadly in meat-space as she is in the Matrix.
- Espionage Track: Increases Is0bel’s decking skills and her Mark Target ability. Progressing down this tree unlocks new custom programs/abilities for use in the Matrix, as well as custom Expert System Programs (ESPs).
- Sabotage Track: Is0bel carries a sniper rifle for meat-space skirmishes. Her arsenal also includes proximity mines that she can use to create traps for her enemies. This track increases and adds to the effects caused by these weapons, unlocking higher-yield explosives and Flechettes that strip armor from enemies.
Racter is a highly specialized roboticist-turned-rigger who fights with the aid of “Koschei,” his custom walker-form drone. He also carries an engineering toolkit that he can use to repair Koschei and enhance its abilities during combat.
- Mangler Track: Makes Koschei into a melee-ranged wrecking machine. Progressing down this track unlocks movement boosts for the drone and bolts close combat weapons onto its chassis, such as rotary saws and clawed feet. These attachments unlock new close combat attacks for the drone.
- Predator Track: Turns Koschei into a walking artillery piece. Progressing down this track bolts new ranged weapons to the drone, such as an auto-shotgun or a grenade launcher.
Thanks to his elite Red Samurai training, Gaichû has access to close combat abilities that are inaccessible to other characters. These take the form of stance-based katana attacks that flow together in sequence, each of which has its own unique animation.
- Red Samurai Track: A mixture of offense and defense. Includes additional sword attacks, such as a coup de grace that can be used to dispatch stunned targets. Gaichû also gains self-buffs that can temporarily boost his armor, or give him the effects of cover when standing in the open.
- Ghoul Track: HMHVV infection has its advantages. This track includes a bite attack that inflicts damage and heals Gaichû, and claw and spit attacks that inflict damage and cause debuffs on enemies.