|Tacoma (as of 2072)|
Tacoma is the main dock district of Seattle. It also has a noticeable industrial presence, both in forms of large factories, and in local microfactories.
A notable part of the neighborhood is the "Little Asia" neighborhood.
Tacoma borders many other districts, including Puyallup, so events in Tacoma often spill over into other districts. It's a relatively flat district.
About 400,000 people live here. Most of them are middle-class.
2072: Mayor Francesca Sipple ran on an environmental platform of cleaning up the district both physically and socially, tackling corporate corruption and a rise in violent crime. Sipple's Crime Task Force focused on Yakuza activity in Tacoma. No surprise, since Sipple was bought and paid for by the Gianelli Family to help ensure they can wrestle Tacoma away from the Yaks.
2076: Mayor William Duffy learned from the past. Francesca Sipple chose a side and it cost her everything. The Yaks saw to that. He chose the biggest bully he could find to serve: Federated-Boeing. The Gianelli Family still has three councilors and half the judges and DAs in its pocket, with the Yakuza keeping two councilors and the Vory with two of its own. This results in nonstop fighting within the district council, but when the UCC visits, they know to jump and roll over like the dogs they are.
Tacoma is major transportation hub, particularly due to its docks and railway station. It is also a major manufacturing center. The district is the third most important economic center for Seattle, after Downtown and Bellevue.
Due to Tacoma's docks and heavy industry, there is a local joke concerning the so-called "Tacoma aroma".
Lone Star Security Ratings Edit
- AAA: Rustin, University Place, Zenith
- AA: Federal Way, Menlo Park, Steilacoom, Dupont
- A: Fircrest, Lakewood Center
- B: Des Moines, Kent
- C: Fife, Milton, Northeast Tacoma, South Tacoma
Places of InterestEdit
- Lakewood Comfy Cubicle - Coffin hotel. The manager, Bruce Meyrick, is a mage and former shadowrunner with a pet eyekiller named Gouger.
- Sheraton Tacoma - Luxury hotel, famous for protecting hundreds of metahumans during the Night of Rage. Ork underground connections.
- Tacoma Dome Hotel - Luxury hotel
- Gianelli's Restaurant
- Lakewood Shezan - Medium restaurant, Tanzanian-Indian cuisine
- Tacoma Style - Medium restaurant, Salish cuisine, located above the Style nightclub, a popular meeting place
- Basil’s Faulty Bar - Bar. Owner Abe Heep was once an intelligence operative (code-name: Tangent) who still trades secrets from time to time.
- Fenris Nacht
- Palace of China
- Charles Royer Station - Transportation depot; train station for bullet trains to San Francisco, also local heliport, built in the style of a 1930s train station. Seattle's sole passenger train station.
- Crying Wall
- Sea-Tac Mall - Shopping mall
- Tacoma Ferry Terminal - Links Tacoma with downtown Seattle and Everett
- Tacoma Mall - Oldest shopping mall in Tacoma, quaint and middle-class
- Villa Plaza - Shopping mall
- Port of Tacoma Police Station - Local Lone Star precinct overseeing the port and downtown Tacoma
- Silcox Island Correctional Facility - 30-story building in the center of Silcox Island; a hellhole for hard-core convicts
- Tacoma District Courthouse - Courthouse complex
- Tacoma District Hall - Government offices
- Brichert Paper Mills - Producers of paper and cardboard, working on new products to improve their sagging bottom line
- Federated Boeing Metalworks
- Learson Shipyards - Producers of commercial ships
- Pacific Rim Communications Unlimited Seattle HQ
- Shiawase Corporation Seattle HQ
- Tacoma Nybbles & Bytes - Store, carries computer equipment and magical supplies
- Zalensky’s Electronics - Body shop, ties to the Yakuza
- Doctor’s Hospital of Tacoma - Hospital and body shop
- Humana Hospital - Hospital owned by Shiawase
- Margaret Bridge Child Health Hospital - Hospital specializing in child care, renowned for research into childhood diseases and their effects on metahuman children
- Tacoma Charity General - Hospital run by several charity organizations
Tacoma lies at the heart of the conflict between the Mafia and the Yakuza in Seattle, making mob violence commonplace. The violence has lasted since at least 2050s to 2070s with little sign of subduing.
- Vital statistics were unchanged from 2050 to 2072 or were not reported more than once. Infoboxes for specific decades can be found in on the first page of relevant sourcebooks (see sources).
- 2072 book did not provide an update on any topics but places of interest