The Fourth World, also known as the Age of Legend, was the previous cycle of magic before The Sixth World. The game Earthdawn takes place in the Fourth World. When the Fourth World began is unknown, though the average length of a World is 5,200 years. The Fourth World ended when magic diminished, and the island of Thera, enshrined in myth as Atlantis, sank into the ocean on August 12, 3113 BC, beginning the Fifth World. Some immortal denizens of the Fourth World have lived to see the Sixth World.
Ehran the Scribe puts the era of the Fourth World as 8238 BC to 3113 BC.
List of personalities of both the Fourth World and Sixth WorldEdit
- Aina Dupree
- Aithne Oakforest
- Ehran the Scribe
- Jane Foster (born in 6th world)
- Sheila Blatavska (born in 6th world)
- Sean Laverty
- Walter Urdli
Greater Eastern Dragons Edit
Greater Feathered Serpents Edit
Greater Western Dragons Edit
- Dunkelzahn (Fourth World: Mountainshadow/Far-scholar) <Deceased>
- Feuerschwinge <Status:Debatable>
- Ghostwalker (Fourth World: Icewing/Dollmaker)
- Nachtmeister <Deceased>
Unnamed Drake Edit
Even though the Drake from the SNES game ( The Final Boss and reason Jake got Amnesia, almost died and was involved in all of this ) he has no name and does not have any sort of explanation or reference in Shadowrun: Returns or Dragonfall. He was only known as "Drake" and didn't have a special name, or a specific Allegiance or specification as a Great Dragon. Even not being developed, Drake from the Shadowrun game from the SNES was probably a Great Dragon, because of its power, its influence, his knowledge of magical beings as the Jester and the fact that he was the owner of one of the biggest companies in 2050. Its also important mentioning the fact that Drake says in the "post-credits" of Shadowrun that he and Jake would meet again in "Shadowrun 2", which is an intersting fact since he didn't return in Returns.
- article on Earthdawn which describes the connections between Earthdawn and Shadowrun
- Artifact liberation, a mission in Shadowrun: Hong Kong in which the player is paid to raid a dig site holding relics belived to be from the Fourth World